With New Year’s fast approaching, there are many activities happening in Arlington. There will be many things you can do with your family, a group of friends, or even alone.
Here are some of the best New Year’s celebrations in Arlington:
- Join the new year gala at Clarendon Ballroom. You can watch the ball drop and have a great time meeting new people. You can sip champagne and enjoy the festivities.
- How about some Latin dancing at the Caribbean Breeze? Head to this local restaurant to ring in the new year Caribbean style. Enjoy island foods and meet new people, or simply relax with friends.
- Go and have some fun while exercising with friends at the Dance Factory. You can participate in a variety of dancing activities, such as ballroom or swing.
- If you just want to do something quiet, why not go for a walk with your pet at the beautiful Bennington Park?
Enjoy your New Year’s celebrations in Arlington and make it memorable. If you would like some more suggestions, feel free to contact us at The Bennington or come and check us out on Facebook.
Your dog is your best friend, so you should take care to provide a dog with healthy foods for a long and productive life. There has been a lot of focus on what not to feed your dog, but what about all the options of healthy food for dogs?
Listed below are a few healthy foods that you can add to your pet’s diet:
- Eggs – Simple and cheap, eggs are one of the best sources of protein. Replace 1/5 cup of dry dog food with one egg to add high quality protein to your dog’s diet.
- Another good source of protein and Omega 3 is just a little bit of tuna.
- Substitute 1/4 of dry dog food with cooked chicken hearts or gizzards for a simple and easy to prepare treat packed with protein.
- Yogurt isn’t just tasty, it’s healthy too and full of probiotics that help keep you healthy. Use 1/2 teaspoon per ten pounds of weight as a topping in your dogs meal.
- Many commercial feeds are missing vegetables, an important element in a dog’s diet. Green veggies have a lot of benefits. Sprinkling parsley can help fight cancer, while spinach can help stop your dog from dining on their own waste.
Interested in sharing healthy tips with us, find us on Facebook. For more information on our pet friendly Arlington apartments, feel free to contact us.
While we winterize our cars in the chilly months, it’s important to remember we need to winterize ourselves, too. This means finding ways to stay warm while exercising in cold weather.
Here are three ‘no excuse’ ways to make sure you stick to your fitness routine during the winter months:
- If you jog daily outdoors, make sure you wear plenty of layers that you can peel off as you run. Wear mittens instead of gloves to keep your hands toasty. For the really frigid days, add warmer packets to the mittens.
- Make sure your face and neck are covered so you don’t get uncomfortable breathing the cold air. Wear a balaclava or a neck gaiter to ensure maximum comfort.
- If the cold is too de-motivational, bring your routine indoors for the winter. Take advantage of our health and fitness center, instead, and make a new routine.
How do you exercise in cold weather? Share your tips and tricks with us and your neighbors on our Facebook page!
To find out more about living in our Arlington apartments, please take a moment to contact us.
Take a break from your Holiday shopping to catch a Washington Capitals home game. The Capitals are off to a great start this year in the newly minted Metropolitan Division of the NHL. They will face some tough opponents but many believe that they have good chance at making a strong run for the Stanley Cup.
There are dozens of great home games to see in December. Catch the Canine Calendar Launch when the Caps face the Hurricanes on December 4. The Philadelphia Flyers are in town on December 15. Be sure to bring a toy to the game for the Toy Drive. Don’t miss Slapshot Santa on December 23 when the Caps play the Ducks.
The Verizon Center is just minutes away from your apartment home in the Bennington. The Washington Capitals are sure to have an exciting season, so you won’t want to miss the chance to see a game. Be sure to share some pictures of your excursion on our Facebook page.
Living in the Bennington puts you close to all the action in and around the Washington DC area. Contact us for more information about moving in.
Did you know that 50 million Americans suffers from arthritis? Every year, researchers and clinicians work toward finding a cure for arthritis. The good news is that you don’t have to work in the medical field to make a difference.
This holiday season, scores of dedicated people will meet to participate in the 2013 Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis. The proceeds from the event will go to the Arthritis Foundation, a national organization made up of researchers, clinicians, focus groups, and policy makers committed to making arthritis a thing of the past.
With the Kids 1 Mile Fun Run, the Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis is great fun for all age groups. In addition to the Run/Walk for Arthritis itself, other opportunities to fight arthritis exist like fundraising, volunteering, and spreading the word.
The holidays remind us that it is better to give than to receive. Make this year memorable by being apart of the Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis.
For more information on our Arlington apartments, feel free to contact us or visit our Facebook page today.
Do you always have an abundance of laundry that needs to be done, but hesitate to do too much due to the impact it might have on the environment? Unfortunately, laundry is one of those things that can’t be avoided.
While laundry day is easy for our residents who have apartments with washers and dryers included, these eco-friendly laundry tips will encourage you to take some steps to lightening the load on the environment:
- Instead of doing several small loads throughout the week, wait to do laundry until you have a full load. As a result, you’ll save water as well as money.
- Natural products are often free of the harmful chemicals that have a negative impact on the environment.
- While dryer sheets smell great and may eliminate static, they may harm a person’s health as well as the environment. Either choose eco-friendly dryer sheets or do away with them altogether.
- Do you like DIY projects? If so, then you’ll love the savings from making your own laundry products. Furthermore, most DIY laundry products are known to be safer.
Share your eco-friendly laundry tips on our Facebook page. Or, contact us to learn more about our Arlington apartments, today.
Simplify your holiday shopping in Arlington while supporting local artisans by shopping on Etsy’s. The website has a local search where you can find handmade gifts created by Arlington artisans. Bespoke gifts become favorite possessions, and most items on Etsy are one of a kind. Plus, gifting locally made products inspires others to do the same.
Here are some highlights from our area markets on Etsy:
- Oregei designs and crafts hand dyed silk scarves and stockings—and you can’t beat free shipping. Give the gift of sunshine with this yellow and orange $65 printed silk scarf.
- For the funky friends on your holiday gift list, these cool-blue $45 leggings are perfect for a night out in Arlington.
- Words Work Prints creates customized keepsake prints. Add your family name to this $20 family tree, frame and wrap it, then watch your relatives smile when they open it.
- Pick the $15.99 Dr. Seuss quote print, customize the background color and gift it to your favorite niece or sister—they’ll love it in their bedroom.
Thanks to Etsy and the Internet local holiday shopping in Arlington is easy. If you’re interested in living in the area, contact The Bennington on the web and like our Facebook page, today!
Our apartments at The Bennington have conveniences for our residents that range from on-site dry cleaners to around-the-clock secure and controlled access. Yet, none of these amenities can’t stop the return of Old Man Winter.
Another convenient amenity is the on-site covered parking garage, which can protect a car from the winter conditions. With winter slowly making its presence known, you can winterize your car and know it will be out of the harsh winter elements. Follow these steps to get your car winter ready.
- Check if the heater and defroster is functioning properly. Both are essential for winter driving. If either is misfiring, take visit the dealer if under warranty or a local shop for repair prior to winter ice and snow storms.
- Check the windshield wiper blades for deterioration. Replace them if necessary. Fill reservoir with windshield washer fluid.
- Keep air pressure in the tires at the proper levels. Cold temperatures affect air pressure levels.
- Use thinner oil for winter weather as it circulates better than thick oil.
- Cold temps can increase the deterioration of belts and hoses.
- Have the battery, posts and connections checked.
- Check four-wheel drive operations before heavy snowfall begins.
For more helpful information, visit our Facebook page. You just might find something you “like.”
Live life the way you deserve at our The Bennington. Contact us to find out more about our services, features and amenities that make each day, a great day.
The beauty of an exciting Thanksgiving Day can be shared in a variety of wonderful ways at your Arlington apartment. Of course there is the traditional Thanksgiving feast that brings family and friends together to celebrate fellowship, and there are the ever present football games that are always entertaining. Yet, the presence of a beautiful Thanksgiving centerpiece adds a bit of elegance and charm to the occasion as well.
Here are some wonderfully enchanting Thanksgiving centerpiece ideas that you may want to consider when you are planning for Thanksgiving.
One centerpiece idea is festive and utilizes wine bottle candle holders. Take a few of your wine bottle and fill them with rice, grains and spices to bring back memories of the horn-of-plenty which adorned many a Thanksgiving table.
Add a little of fall and Thanksgiving to your holiday centerpiece by using nuts and dried fruit in a tiered display. Have the kids hunt down fall leaves and place around them the display. Soon you will have a neat centerpiece also suitable for eating.
Lastly, using a cake stand to place gourds, squash and fruit on display is a quick and simple centerpiece that can be constructed in little more than an hour.
For more information about our Arlington apartment community, contact us or check our Facebook, today!
When you’re on the lookout for an amazing pet groomer in Arlington you really need to be selective. Your pet is a member of your family and needs to be cared for. Don’t let your pet get the short end of the grooming stick. Instead, call on your friends over at Muddy Mutt and get your pet back in shining shape.
The team over at Muddy Mutt have done great work making pets from Arlington look their best. This is one of the best places in the area to clean up a messy pup.
It’s not myth when they talk about how great your pet will feel and respond to others when they are well-groomed and looking their very best. Bring your pet in today!
For those pet owners at The Bennington who have not visited Muddy Mutt yet, you may need to know where to go to get the work done so that your pet looks great! If you have been out to the Muddy Mutt and like what you see from our community, why not make a more permanent local move in with us?
For all the information on living in Arlington, feel free to contact us!