Celebrate spring with a visit to the beautiful U.S. Botanic Garden. On a trip to this botanic garden, you can check out assorted exhibits and workshops, visit the Conservatory and much more.
Let’s look at what makes the garden so very special:
- Gardens: Roses, rain forest plants, orchids, rare and endangered varieties…enjoy temporary and permanent exhibits when you visit the U.S. Botanic Garden. Three separate parks make up the garden, so spend time at one and go back another day to explore additional options!
- Guided Tours: Guided and group tours of the grounds are available, so find an option that works for you, or simply spend an afternoon exploring the garden on your own.
- Hours and Location: Both the Conservatory and the National Garden are open from 10am to 5pm daily, with the Bartholdi Park open from dawn till dusk. The garden is located at 100 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC. Admission is free.
For more on things to do in Washington D.C., please visit The Bennington community Twitter page. For more on living at The Bennington, please contact us today.
Dealing with allergies is never fun. You may be outside trying to enjoy the fresh air, but because of your allergies, you begin to wheeze and cough. If this reminds you of a normal spring day, then we are here to help.
Check out these three tips to help put a hold on your allergies:
- Since pollen may be in the air, it’s a good idea to keep your shoes outside. This prevents the pollen from your shoe from getting attracted inside, causing you problems. When you are ready to go outside, simply put your shoes on outside.
- If you spend the whole day outside, it’s a good idea to wash and clean your hair before laying down. Washing your hair will remove any pollen, so that when you lay down, the pollen will not get onto your pillow.
- To make your home safer to live in, in terms of breathing, you can install new filters in your AC unit. These filters will collect pollen and dust in the air, allowing you to breathe in fresh, clean air at all times during the day.
Breathing easier is something everyone should be able to do. So, use these tips and feel better this spring!
For more information on our Arlington apartments, feel free to contact us today.
Whether you live in a furnished unit or an unfurnished one, there’s always room to create your own style. Spring apartment decor goes perfectly well for this time of year once the spring cleaning is finished. You can help usher in the beautiful blooms by adding a little spring into your living space.
- Go bold with some citrus colors and patterns. They go really well with neutral tones and can really add a punch to any room.
- Floral patterns are perfect for any room, and an accent wall with temporary wallpaper can be an attractive addition.
- In the dining area, you can bring in the spring with a lovely centerpiece of fresh blooms or budget-friendly (but still beautiful) ferns.
Add a little zest to your living space with some bold spring apartment decor, and enjoy a new look that’s all your own.
Our community posts the latest news and updates on Twitter. You can also contact us today to find out more about our apartment homes or schedule a tour.
With access to all the good stuff in Arlington, it makes sense to want to move to a nearby apartment community. But moving can be a hassle. If you don’t have a lot of furniture and don’t like to think of lugging it all lover the place, furnished apartments in Arlington might be the right choice for you.
Determining what you need can help you choose whether to select a furnished or unfurnished unit at a Arlington apartment community like The Bennington. Here, listed below, are a few ways to determine if you need a furnished apartment in Arlington:
- Cost. If you don’t have a lot of furniture already and would need to purchase lots of expensive items, then a furnished unit might be the right choice.
- Not staying long? If you need a place longer than one month, but less than 12 months, a furnished apartment is more cost-effective and feels like home over a hotel.
- Trying to be more environmentally friendly? A furnished unit means less waste, as new items don’t need to be purchased as replacements.
Use these measures to determine your needs for your new living space, and be sure to contact us for more information about our furnished apartments in Arlington. You can also get the latest updates and info about our community on Facebook.
Do you have to commute to work? A daily commute into the city for work can be a pain, both mentally and physically, thanks to the amount of sitting around. However, we may have some ways for you to feel better by the time you step out of the car.
Commuting and getting in shape seems to contradict each other, but there are exercise tips that can be used when you’re on a commute!
If you’re waiting on a ride or carpool, you can do calf raises. This will help build up calf and lower-leg muscles. To perform this exercise, raise your heels off the ground and then lower them. You can also do leg lifts. Stand on one leg while raising the opposite leg and bend at the knee, trying to get your knee as high as possible. Remember, make sure you’re wearing comfortable, flat shoes if you perform any of these movements.
If your driving and stuck in traffic, or waiting on a long red light, you can work your core by raising your arms over your head and pressing your hands against the roof of your car. While you’re hands are raised, tighten your abdominal muscles at the same time. Obviously, you don’t want to do this while driving as it would be extremely hazardous.
So, the next time you are driving to and from work, use these helpful tips so you can get your workouts in during your commute! Contact us for more information on our Arlington apartments with a fitness center.
Try something different for dinner this week by checking out the Thai food in Arlington. Urban Thai Restaurant is a delicious option for whenever you’re in the mood for Thai, or simply don’t have the energy to cook dinner.
Detailed below are a few of highlights of Urban Thai Restaurant:
- Menu: There’s plenty to choose from at Urban Thai, including appetizers such as ‘Yum Tofu,’ crispy smoked chicken and crab meat rolls, and pork and crab dumplings. Soups include wonton soups and ginger broth with mushroom dumplings, while entrees include a variety of seafood and grilled specialties, including shrimp with wild mushroom and grilled salmon.
- Bar: Enjoy a wide variety of creative cocktails and martinis, including ‘Raspberry Cosmos’ and ‘Godiva Mochatinis’ among many others. Frozen drinks, beer and non-alcoholic drinks are also available.
- Hours: Establishment hours are Monday through Thursday from 11am until 10pm, Friday from 11am to 11pm, and Saturday from 11:30am to 11pm. Sunday hours are 11:30am to 10pm. Free delivery is available every day, though orders must be a minimum of $15.
Spice up your night with a trip to Urban Thai this weekend! For more information on our Arlington apartments, please contact us today.
Taking care to be green is a lot like taking care of yourself — you have to be conscientious and make changes to your lifestyle, but you also have to be willing to learn. With the upcoming 22nd Annual Environmental Film Festival, you can learn, grow, and keep your knowledge on staying green up to date.
Our Cities, Our Planet is the theme for this year’s festival, which takes a comprehensive review of the unique challenges our urban areas face as we balance economic growth with environmental conservation. Of course, there will also be many interesting topics for discussion, learning, and opportunities to do more for Mother Nature.
The festival will take place from March 18th through March 30th at several EFF partnering organizations.
Are you planning on attending the Environmental Film Festival this year? Share your thoughts with us on our Facebook page, and meet up with neighbors who might be attending as well for a ride share!
If you’d like more information or wish to tour our property, please take a moment to contact us at The Bennington.
Living in our pet-friendly apartment in Arlington means that you have access to the Bennington dog park at anytime of the year. This allows you to spend plenty of time with your dog, as well as gives you the opportunity to enjoy the fresh air and meet other people.
Making sure that your dog is healthy is dependent on two key aspects, nutrition and exercise. Here are a couple of tips to make sure that your pet’s diet is in top shape.
- The main nutrient in your pet’s diet should be protein. Protein promotes a healthy metabolism and is vital in muscle development.
- Carbohydrates are necessary for digestive tract health and provide some of the energy your pet will need to keep active and alert.
- Fats contribute to coat and skin health. And, fats are vital in a number of metabolic processes.
Many cheap dog foods will skimp on fats and proteins, and they will be filled with poor carbohydrate sources, so make sure to check the nutritional information and get the best food you can.
If living in a pet-friendly apartment in Arlington sounds like a dream come true, don’t hesitate to contact us to arrange a viewing at a time that suits you.
Whether you decide on an efficient one- or two-bedroom apartment at The Bennington, you’ll have access to the state-of-the-art fitness center. This is a plus for residents with workout routines, exercise regimens, and a passion for yoga in Arlington.
To keep yourself in shape, both mind and body, a yoga routine is beneficial in many ways. And if you’re new to this form of exercising, you can sharpen your technique with a session at Mind Your Body Oasis.
At Mind Your Body Oasis, yoga enthusiasts of all levels and ages are welcome. For those new to yoga, level 1 and level 2 classes focus on the basic principles of yoga Level 2 and Level 3 classes work with students specializing in inversions and arm balance.
Additional classes include Hot Flow and Gentle Warm Flow for breathing; Hot Hatha works with 24-30 yoga poses; Restorative and Yin Yoga for stretching; Irest Yoga Nidra for meditation, and Yoga for couples. There’s also a spa for therapeutic massages.
Stop by our Facebook page for pictures, recipes, comments, and helpful information about what’s available in and around our community.
Our apartments at The Bennington have outstanding amenities, floor plans and an excellent location for access to area venues. If you’d like more information about our community, please contact our leasing office.
The nice thing about having a truly pet-friendly apartment in Arlington is having easy access to our Bennington Dog Park. Of course, we want the dog park experience to be great for everyone, so maintaining proper dog park etiquette is important.
Here are a few basic rules everyone should follow when enjoying time at our community dog park:
- Bringing treats and food for your dog can lead to a scuffle with the other dogs. Leave it at home, and use praise instead as a reward.
- Pick up after your pooch to avoid an unhygienic situation for everyone. Please use the sanitation stations!
- Help your young dog develop good socialization skills. This can be done through a trainer or on your own, but it’s an important part of keeping dogs from having a misunderstanding.
By following these etiquette rules, you can get the maximum benefit of the dog park for you and your pooch. Enjoy the dog park and be safe with your dog!
To find out more about what you can do with life at The Bennington, please take a moment to contact us, and follow us on Twitter for updates.